Baisakhi's Reviews > Straight to Hell

7205012
May 07, 14

bookshelves: fantasy-books, favorites
Read in February, 2012

Recently divorced Lilith Straight has a fairly normal life – crappy job, even crappier ex-husband and a generally crappy life. Her life couldn’t possible become any worse, she believes – until it does. While on her way to a meeting, Lilith dies…and becomes Hell’s minion. And in a twist of fate, for the first time in her life, she lives.

Life as a single mother, with a child, a delinquent niece and an unruly sister is hard enough. Add to that curbing your demon (literally) and battling your conscience…and you have a world where all hell breaks loose!

A temptress in the truest sense of the word, succubus Lilith now has to seduce men on the path to hell. Though initially hesitant, Lilith soon has a blast. But not all remains harmless fun for long. Soon Lilith has to make tough choices…tougher than she could have ever imagined. Even God may not be able to help her out of this one.

Wonderfully written with well-developed characters, Straight to Hell is a novel which is not only hilarious, but also portrays some of the harder decisions in life. Beneath the supernatural elements, we find a hard-working, loving mother who is at her wit’s end to provide for her family. With an overbearing (and scary) she-demon breathing down her neck, a comical demon-friend and a devastatingly beautiful incubus, Lilith is hard-pressed to get out of the corner she has been painted in.

In a comical and hilarious way, Michelle Scott reminds each of us of the devil inside of us and how we will stoop to anything for the ones we love, collateral damages be damned! If you look at it closely, it is really heartbreaking to see Lilith try to make the best of this situation, but find a block at the end of each road. No matter what she does, she can never forgive herself. She has to learn the hard way – between two evils, neither is the lesser one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Straight to Hell.

01/30/2012

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Thomas Wow! Great review. Wish i could have got in on this one. Will have to buy this book!

Baisakhi It's definitely worth it! :D