April's Reviews > Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors

Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors by Molly Harper

2016803
Mar 15, 14

bookshelves: naughty-book-a-thon, paranormal, vampires, reviewed, 2012, audiobook, amazon-review-posted
Read in March, 2012

Check out my other listens at Eargasms Audiobook Reviews

Love, Love, loved it! This series has the best characters! Each book is better than the last. I really enjoyed the wedding and all that lead up to it. The only thing I would have wished different is that perhaps Grandma Ruthie would have had some sort of change of heart in the end. But over all another fun read! Can't wait for more books about the denizens of Half Moon Hallow!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors.

Quotes April Liked

Molly Harper
“And how is Jamie doing?"

"Fine. He seems to be spending a lot of time in the shower," I noted quietly, my voice so low that even Jamie's super hearing couldn't pick it up.

Dick chuckled, followed by Zeb and Gabriel.

"What?"

"Remember that summer I turned thirteen and my mom complained that she couldn't ever get me out of the bathroom?" Zeb asked.

"Yeah, but that's because you were-" I slapped my hand over my mouth. "Oh!"

"Welcome to the wonderful world of parenting," Zeb said. ""It's one big, horrifying miracle."

"Augh!" I grumbled.”

Molly Harper
“I came home to find him propped up on a stack of pillows, sipping blood through a crazy straw (because it amused Zeb) and wearing Star Wars pajamas (because it amused Dick).”

Molly Harper
“Can we get a whiteboard,like on Law and Order?" Andrea asked.

Dick nodded. "I was thinking official 'Keep Jane from Being Murdered Task Force' T-shirts.”

Molly Harper
“The ring is a copy of my mother’s. I took the stone from her engagement ring and had a jeweler place it in a titanium setting.”

“Titanium?” I asked.

“Dick knew a guy."

“Of course he did.”

“You’re a bit rough and tumble with jewelry, and I knew it would have to be able to stand up to…”

“Nuclear winter?”

His eyebrow lifted. “I never know with you.”

Molly Harper
“...yourself into an information-overload-fueled frenzy, convinced that you could arrange the whole wedding yourself, and eventually killed one of your loved ones in a glue-gun-related mishap”

Molly Harper
“Look, over the years, my unique sense of humor and perverse grasp of honesty may have led to some hurt feelings and long-held grudges. But overall, I'm a pretty likable person.”

Molly Harper
“We're allergic to to silver. Imagine sticking your hand in a hornets' nestand being forced to listen to the Wiggles while the little bastards repeatedly sting you”

Molly Harper
“My color schemes were limited to what would go with the pewter-gray gown...except for the bridesmaids' gowns. I'd already decided that they were going to be a distinctly nonmatchy lemon yellow that Jolene's aunt Vonnie would have to special-order. The kind of yellow one would find on takeout menus or particularly urgent Post-it notes.
In fact, if the outdoor lighting failed, we could use the color of their dresses to illuminate the ceremony.
And yes, i had to use a vendor who hated me, because Vonnie held the only pattern left in the continental United States for the "Ruffle and Dreams," the very dress I'd had to wear in Jolene's wedding. Revenge would would be mine, for a few months, until i revealed the dove-gray bridesmaids' dresses i actually planned for them to wear.”

03/07/2012 page 17