CαthεεBooks's Reviews > Grave Mercy

Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers

Jun 20, 12

bookshelves: books-received-to-review, books-i-own, beautiful-covers, great-reads, these-are-my-favorite-books-ever
Read from February 28 to April 21, 2012

Release Date : April 3rd 2012
Publisher : Houghton Mifflin Harcourt / Thomas Allen & Son
Format : Harcover
Source :
**An hardcover copy was provided by Thomas Allen & Son in exchange of an honest review**

My Opinion :

Grave Mercy will mesmerize you from the start.

Grave Mercy is one of the bests, if not the best, historical romance fiction novel I have read. It is simply wonderful.

I was so thrilled to get my copy of this (freaking huge) book. However, since of how long the book is, I had to stop reading it for a while, and I was quite sad about that. But, once I picked it up again, I fell in love again.

Grave Mercy is a thrilling book about Ismae, daughter of a bastard father that has beaten her her whole life, and that has now sold her to Guillo, a bastard pig himself. But then, she makes a journey to a Saint Mortmain's convent. Saint Mortmain is the god of death, and she is one of his daughters. She learns the art of killing, poisoning and fighting. But then, she is sent to court to spy for her convent, but there is a traitor. But whom is it? Grave Mercy is such a suspenseful novel; I could not stop thinking about it!

I absolutely loved Grave Mercy. With its perfect writing; its perfect pace, I just effing loved it. The writing is incredible; it's written with the kind of old English, although only some : in my stead and not instead, or break my fast instead of breakfast. Just some things like that that made this novel way more interesting and perfect.

Ismae is the main character, and the whole book is in her point of view, which made it interesting, but I have to admit I would really love to see a little book with some of Duval's point of view. But, I absolutely loved that Ismae killed people... it just made it more dramatic and fun and... plainly awesome.

Duval was... not enough in the book, if you ask me. I really enjoyed his character, but I think I could have enjoyed it much more if he were more present in the book. Although he was present, he wasn't present enough romantically towards Ismae. We only get a few scenes with their romance, and I really feel like it'S not enough, since I really enjoy romance.

Sybella wasn't a really developed character, but when I read about the second book, it says that the story is going to be about her; I can't wait to read about her!

And the traitor... I'm not going to reveal his name... but what a freaking bastard. I could kill him.

Grave Mercy was just... wow. You need to read this book, like, NOW! It was amazing!

You. Will. Read. This. Books. *stares*Go. Now.

RATING

5 roses!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Mercy.

02/28/2012 page 21
02/28/2012 page 28
6.0% "Gosh! This is great!"
04/08/2012 page 39
7.0% "Sionce I got old of a physical finished review copy, I am reading this and oh boy, is this AWESOME! Read it now! Now! NOOOOOOOOW!"
04/09/2012 page 69
13.0% "Wow... this is... wow"
04/09/2012 page 89
16.0% "Wow... I am loving this book so much."
04/20/2012 page 174
32.0% "Just restarted, and I am in love with this book."
04/21/2012 page 459
84.0% "LOVING IT! Almost finished, now going back to reading it :D"
show 2 hidden updates…