Sarah Simas's Reviews > The Rogue Pirate's Bride

The Rogue Pirate's Bride by Shana Galen

Feb 28, 12

Read in February, 2012

Shana Galen knocked it out of the park with The Rogue Pirate's Bride!

I thoroughly enjoyed falling in love with Bastien and Raeven. Both characters were robust and complex. I appreciated Raeven being a heroine who didn't fit the mold, but rather created her own. The way she seized the reins of her own destiny was endearing. She handled every curve Ms. Galen threw at her with style and grace.

Bastien made a fantastic paring for the fiery Raeven. I felt he adhered to his core beliefs despite the obstacles he'd faced throughout his life. What's more, Bastien exuded confidence and true grit. He is the sort of hero readers crave.

The chemistry between Raeven and Bastien is palpable and made me eager to turn the page. With scads of action and danger laced within the romance, The Rogue Pirate's Bride was a fabulous read and destined for my "keeper shelf". I especially appreciated Ms. Galen's choice of using the French Revolution as a backdrop for her hero's past. It was refreshing and unique!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rogue Pirate's Bride.