Luke's Reviews > The Hunt

The Hunt by L.J. Smith

Mar 05, 14

bookshelves: lj-smith, ghostwritten
Read on October 01, 2012

The Hunt is the fifth book in The Secret Circle series, as well as the second book to be written by Aubrey Clark, who took over after L.J. Smith was fired.

The Hunt was great. Despite the ending that saddened and annoyed me, it was really good. Aubrey Clark has managed to stick to a writing style similar to L.J. Smith, yet bringing her own magic into it, as well. The characters are themselves—for instance, Cassie, who is bubbly, caring, and selfless; Adam, who is sensitive, compassionate, and humorous; Diana, who is kind, warm-hearted, and nothing but pure; and Faye, who is wicked, mischievous, and only shows a soft side occasionally.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hunt.

10/15/2012 page 64

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meghan (new)

Meghan I had a really hard time getting into this one and wound up putting it down. I'll pick it up again before the 6th one comes out but I was a little disappointed.

Luke Sadly, there will always be the let downs. I had those. Hopefully, there is going to be a good ending to the series. One that leaves me, and everyone else, feel fulfilled. ;)

message 3: by Meghan (new)

Meghan Absolutely! I've been obsessed with this series since I first heard about it (when I watched the TV show lol) and even with the ghost writer, I loved it. I'm going to try to power through this one. I didn't make it far in.. maybe 80 pages or so, so you could even say I didn't give it a fair enough chance.

Luke I decided to read The Secret Circle when I heard it was being adapted into a TV show. But I was going to read the books anyway, even before hearing there was going to be a show. At the moment, I'm watching the TV show, as well as waiting for the sixth book in the books.
- And since it's a 280-something page book, I'd consider 80 pages a fair go. You'll enjoy it. :-)