Christy Wilhelm's Reviews > Married with Zombies

Mar 12, 12

Read on March 10, 2012

Married with Zombies

My Review:

Tongue in Cheek “Take what I say with a grain of salt”. Why would I think that is book is written in this fashion?

First let us examine the cover. Title Married with Zombies. Maybe I’m old school but the first thing that popped into my head was the Bundy’s. We all know the Bundy’s were the America’s 90’s version of the dysfunctional family. The one thing that you don’t do is mess with a Bundy; a Bundy is allowed to crap on a Bundy but not an outsider.

Second you have to look at the content. This book had me laughing from the first chapter till the end. Sara and Dave haven’t got a clue there is a zombie apocalypse until they reach there therapist and have to kill her. Their knowledge on zombie killing is clearly based on all the movies they watched or the games that Dave has played. Sara used her skills from therapy to help her deal with the marital issues and zombie killing. It was amusing how Jesse Petersen incorporated the therapy into her book. Bashing a few mushy zombie brains is an excellent stress reliever. Let me point out that these two make a great zombie killing team, even when there bitching about their marital issues.

This book doesn’t contain sexual material. To me this book is a romantic comedy/horror. This book is for the sheer fun of it! This is no traditional or hard core apocalyptic book. This one is meant to tickle your funny bone and leave you gasping on the floor.
4 of 5 Stars for the absolute giggle of it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Married with Zombies.