Jeff's Reviews > I Once Was Lost: What Postmodern Skeptics Taught Us about Their Path to Jesus

I Once Was Lost by Don Everts

Aug 24, 2012

liked it
Read in August, 2008

I have been lookin for good resources on evangelism and I think I've found a good one. I Once Was Lost is a quick read. It is rooted in the experiences of two college pastors and seeks to interpret these experiences rather than press them into a pre-existing template. There is, therefore, something natural about the book.

By way of summary: becoming a follower of Christ is mysterious and organic. It is something that happens over time and that cannot be reduced to simple assents to propositions. It is also organic, it happens naturally rather than because of a program.

The process of following Christ includes five thresholds that are crossed over time. From distrust of Christians to trust. From complacent about spiritual things to curious. From being closed to change to openness. From meandering to actually seeking God. All this may lead to that final threshold: crossing into the Kingdom of Christ.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Once Was Lost.