Andrea's Reviews > Requiem

Requiem by Lauren Oliver

I don't know, I don't know what to do with my life right now, all I know is that right now I can't rate/review this book. I just can't.

Two days after:

Okay, okay I'm cool. I'm cool. I think I can do this.

And as painful as it is, I'm gonna give this book 2.5 stars.

Well, this book was a major disappointment, it got nothing solved! I kinda wish this book was a joke and that this was like Part 1 of 2 of the final book as the movies are made now.

You know when you wait for like a big ending getting everything solved and see who the heroine choose and if the rebellion wins over or get defeated by the government or something to get a closure? And then get NOTHING! Its really disappointing.

For God's sake, It took me almost 5 days to finish it when I could easily have read it in one night. It just didn't hooked me. I think it lacked a good plot. It was just boring.

I won't say anything else, that's it, I'm done with this book.

Original review before reading:
I need this NOW. I will build a time machine so i can fast forward to feb 2013 so i wouldn't wait much.

'Cause I NEED to know what happens with Lena and Alex and Julian. I hope Lena stays with Alex so she can give me Julian hahaha

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Requiem.

Quotes Andrea Liked

Lauren Oliver
“This is the strange way of the world, that people who simply want to love are instead forced to become warriors.”
Lauren Oliver, Requiem

02/28/2013 page 1
0.0% "Gotcha! Finally!"
02/28/2013 page 38
9.0% "“Alex is dead, do you hear me? All of that—what we felt, what it meant—that’s done now, okay? Buried. Blown away.” STAHP IT ALEX! You're breaking my heart."
02/28/2013 page 70
17.0% "Lena I know what you're doing. Don't use Julian to get Alex jealous, Julian doesn't deserve that. And Alex don't use the new girl to get Lena jealous. Just get together without drama for god's sake."
02/28/2013 page 107
26.0% "Oh my gosh Julian Fineman, Lena doesn't deserve you. I don't think she'll ever be able to say those words back to you. But I sure as hell can! Too bad that you're a fictional character."
02/28/2013 page 145
36.0% "Lena, are you kidding me? Right now is not time to play the card of the jealous ex-girlfriend. Even if I don't trust Coral."
03/02/2013 page 243
60.0% "Julian drunk and fighting Alex and Lena crying for both to stop. This looks like an american high school teenage drama movie."
03/02/2013 page 400
100.0% "Okey.. What the... Was that really the end!? I thought it had missing pages!! It cannot be! C'mon! Alex, Julian!? WHO!? Goddamit." 1 comment

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rena Hall I just want her to stay with Alex, period. I loved Alex, but I hated Julian the whole book because I was holding onto the hope that Alex was alive.

message 2: by Wendy (new)

Wendy Finally!! Someone who loves Julian as much as I do. Maybe since it's been so long since I've read Delirium, I don't really remember the Lena/Alex romance all that well. I'm sure Lena will end up with Alex, I just hope Julian doesn't get killed off.

Andrea LovableMess wrote: "Finally!! Someone who loves Julian as much as I do. Maybe since it's been so long since I've read Delirium, I don't really remember the Lena/Alex romance all that well. I'm sure Lena will end up..."

Exactly! I just hope the author resolve the love triangle without killing any of the characters, I couldn't bare if Julian gets killed.

ajia I love Alex. i ll feel sorry for julian but lena and alex belong together

Mags~CVAddikt~Chaos defies imagination! I can't review it either .... WTF???

Samantha I was disappointed with this book too. I can't stand when the ending isn't really an ending. This one was more like a cliff hanger. An epilogue or a novella would be nice.

Kristen Thank God! Someone agrees that this book was a huge disappointment. I waited years to find out the ending of the trilogy and it doesn't give any closure. I am very pissed! I juster wanted to know who Lena ended up with! :(

Teresa totally agree with you on the whole "i wish this was a fake book 3".

Sara Decker You go to a restuarant craving a big juicy steak and you order a tbone and they bring out a hamburger patty shaped like a steak, this is how I felt about this book. I ordered a steak and I got a hamburger shaped like a steak, not even a good hamburger it was like a Mcdonalds hamburger. I had HUGE expectations for this book and it was the biggest dissapointment ever. Booooooooo :(

message 10: by Zoe (new)

Zoe I've finished the book for a long time now, but I STILL can't stop being annoyed by the crappy ending. I feel sorry for both Julian and Alex. Lena deserves neither.