Sara's Reviews > Barefoot Season

Feb 27, 2012

it was ok
bookshelves: military-heroes, waste-of-my-time
Read from April 29 to May 28, 2012

While this is a lot better than Already Home, it wasn't all that great. The book really had no flow and nothing at all happens in the book.
The story follows an injured female vet on her return home & her emotional journey returning to a normal life. Along the way she has to deal with her best-friend-turned-enemy and manage to save the inn that her mother drove to the ground.
I guess I am partly to blame for not reading the summary before reading the book since it would have warned me that this is not a book that I would be interested in reading. Personally, I like it when something happens in the book-- when a book doesn't just follow the everyday lives of two pretty ordinary characters. If I was interested in that I would be reading a memoir or a biography.
This book just proved to me that Susan Mallery has lost her touch. Maybe she should just stick to her usual romance novels and not bother heading into this territory, where she clearly is just floating in the sand.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Barefoot Season.

04/29/2012 page 35
05/27/2012 page 90
24.0% "Susan Mallery has officially lost her edge.... I don't even know if this book is worth the effort it would take to read it"
show 2 hidden updates…