Emily's Reviews > Rippler

Rippler by Cidney Swanson

Mar 19, 12

bookshelves: kindle
Read on March 18, 2012

The premise of this book is unique; our main character is able to turn invisible. I really liked that the paranormal aspect of this book was so different from what I have been reading recently.

I like the characters. Sam is your sweet girl next door who has funky genes. I was surprised to learn Will’s secret and was definitely not expecting it based on the synopsis of the book. I really like Sam and Will’s friendship and I am eager to learn more about it. I really like Will’s sister and I find her to be a believable character as well.
I was surprised and a little thrown off by the diary entries/case notes that were included, but after reading a few they grew on me and I was totally interested in them (and a little disturbed by some of them).

There is definitely an underlying plot that will most likely be continued throughout the series. While I appreciate that this is how most series are successful, I was a little disappointed with the ending of the book, I didn’t feel closure and I felt I had been a little cheated because the author clearly made it necessary for you to read the next book.

I have no major complaints about the writing except the overuse of “guffawed”. I also felt that the book was pretty short, but it was an easy read and I am invested in the characters and the underlying plot, so I will continue to read the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rippler.