Mike's Reviews > King Perry

King Perry by Edmond Manning

M 50x66
Feb 27, 12

Read in January, 2012

By the 6th chapter I began questioning the (now wasted) time I invested reading all of the books I have read these past few years. This is an extremely rewarding read.

The writer's style is sly, warm and somehow familiar. Mr Manning presents the reader with three gifts: two spiritually complex and thoroughly alive human characters (Vin and Perry--one suspended in his mind space, the other cast adrift and exploring..tho that's an extreme over-simplification) and The City (San Francisco) whose spiritual essence is honored with precision.

It is rare to label a book a 'future classic'--but this was my realization half-way through the book. The best feeling when discovering a book like this (somewhere between 'The City, Not Long After' and 'Tales of The City') is being able to share your enthusiasm with others..

I am buying 10 copies to share with friends and loved ones!
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read King Perry.

message 1: by Edmond (new)

Edmond Manning 10 copies - wow! Thank you, Mike. Not just for the extra book purchases, but for sharing your love. I started reading The City, Not Long After and it's a beautiful, loving tribute to San Francisco. I am honored you compared my book to that!