Kame's Reviews > Everyone Loves a Hero....and that's the problem

Everyone Loves a Hero....and that's the problem by Marie Force

Aug 27, 12

bookshelves: contemporary-romance
Read in February, 2012

I devoured this 300+ page book in one day. I could not put it down.

Cole Langston is a former Navy pilot and current commercial pilot, who made a heroic landing of a commercial airplane when the pilot suffered a heart attack; landing the plane safely and saving his friend’ life. He has done months on the “Hero’s Circuit” and life is getting back to normal. He has been known as a womanizer, with a different woman at each stop-over.

Olivia Robison is 27 years old, and works at the airport News Shop part-time and is a part-time college business student. On her breaks from work she wanders the airport and sketches, often making drawings of people and giving her work away. Her dream is to be an artist but her Mother has convinced her that her sketches are nothing more than scribbles.

Cole has a short layover in Regan National Airport. He is waiting in line at the News Shop to buy Mentos for his next flight when he notices the man in front of him being rude toward the clerk - Olivia. Cole taps the man on the shoulder and in return the man turns around and punches Cole, he falls hitting his head on the display case and all goes black. Cole wakes up and sees a pair of gorgeous eyes looking at him; she touches him and feels a jolt. Olivia feels a jolt too. Before being taken to the hospital he is able to find out her first name. Olivia; thoughts of her fill his mind as Cole is recuperating at home in Chicago, grounded for two weeks because of a concussion. On his next flight into Regan he is determined to find Olivia and see if the jolt is still there.

The Love Story - and yes it is a Love Story - that follows is wonderful. I loved how Cole could just give into his love for Olivia with his whole heart and make some of her dreams come true. Not only does this book have a fantastic Love Story that makes your heart warm, it has great supporting characters – many who would make great heroes in their own books. (Sadly at this time they do not star in their own books)

I didn't want the book to end –I have reread it multiple times and I only discovered this book six months ago. I found this book at a Used Book Store, but will probably break down and buy it for my Nook so it will always be with me. This book is in my top 5 favorite books of all time! And Cole and Olivia are in my top 3 favorite fictional couples!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Everyone Loves a Hero....and that's the problem.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Pat (new)

Pat Kame......you make me want to run out and buy the book! I actually think I may have it downloaded on my Kindle, need to move it up!!! Thanks!

message 2: by Kame (last edited Aug 28, 2012 05:04AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kame Pat - you make me blush!
- it is fantastic - warms your heart. I loved Line of Scrimmage too which RM says he will write a review of soon.

message 3: by Michele (new) - added it

Michele What a wonderful review! I have never heard of this book before but after reading your review I need to read it!!

Kame Thank you Michele. You won't be disappointed. It is a hard one to find - I just stumbled upon it at a Used Book Store and I will admit the cover drew me in - but its the story that has caused me to read it over and over! It is available on e-book.