Clorissa Rene' Brown's Reviews > James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing

James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing by G. Norman Lippert

Mar 28, 12

bookshelves: favorites
Read from March 15 to 27, 2012

Alright, being an avid Harry Potter fan I'm going to give a bit more of a review than other books that I've read.
I was absolutely pleasantly surprised with this book. When a friend has mentioned these books to me I have to say I had mixed feelings. One one hand, it's so important to me to stay true to J.K. Rowling's story and world she created, I wasn't sure if I even wanted to read them. On the other however, this was the perfect opportunity to continue on and be thrown right back into the world that I loved so much. So, I decided I had to give it a shot. At first, there were a few things that bothered me. Ben Franklyn being alive and a wizard seemed a bit weird. Merlin seemed a bit already told. And it bothered me how it seemed no one cared that much about who Harry Potter was. I mean he's HARRY POTTER! However as I pursued I was continuously impressed. There was a point where I almost forgot it wasn't J.K. Rowling telling the story, honestly. I love how he stays so true to the world she created, down to the personalities of the original characters. Though all the same, James is definitely his own person. It isn't just a copy of the Harry Potter books. It is James's story. I ended up enjoying where he was taking, and took the Merlin plot. I loved this book. Harry Potter will forever be my favorite series but, I would say James Potter is a close runner up. So good job.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read James Potter and the Hall of Elders' Crossing.

03/15/2012 page 19
5.0% "had to start this before I went to sleep. I can tell I'm going to love it."
03/18/2012 page 70
17.0% "There are a few things that bother me as an avid Harry Potter fan, especially the ben franklyn thing, but regardless I'm thoroughly enjoying being back in the world of Hogwarts."
03/19/2012 page 101
25.0% "Poor Cedric Diggory!"
03/19/2012 page 132
33.0% "I enjoy the fact that it stays true to the original books and Hogwarts, but stands on its own as well. We get to experience James as his own person while enjoying being back in the familiarity of Hogwarts at the same time."
03/21/2012 page 242
60.0% "getting really interesting. I love where the story is going."
03/23/2012 page 253
62.0% "I'm only disappointed with the fact thar while scanning some sites in Google I accidentally saw whatbthe staff is and who has it. Gave it away for me! haha"
03/25/2012 page 299
74.0% 1 comment
03/27/2012 page 347
86.0% "desperately tries to finish tonight but alas I am falling asleep. definitely picking back up tomorrow."
show 6 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Daniel Motsinger You're going to have to tell me exactly what you think of it.

Clorissa Rene' Brown Willl do. Sarah read it and she loved it.

Sarah Rabbit Yes I did! ;) You need to finish it so you can read the hell out of the second one ;-; LOVEEEEEE

Clorissa Rene' Brown So many books to read, so little time. I'm "siriously" considering canceling out my social life for this very reason. Will you join me? We can cuddle in bed and read all day. Cute glasses, and coffee included. Oh and we can play Harry Potter classy music in the background:]

Sarah Rabbit YOU READ MY MIND. Let's do it. ;) Told you, you're gonna have to just come stay with me for like a week! We'll try to knock out all of the reading (which won't happen), have a HP marathon, make cuppycakes etc, and watch pixar movies ;) Plus cuddles galore. My two doggies would love you :D lololol

Clorissa Rene' Brown As soon as we figure out a way to get me there, I will stay for like 3-4 days. Visit my Juno, and then come back! haha. We MUST start plotting twin weasley style.

Sarah Rabbit Hahahaha. Yes yes yes! But no twin dying part, right? ;) Or ear-loss. So, no explosives :/ DARN!

Clorissa Rene' Brown We'll wear helmets;]