Pilar's Reviews > Illusion

bookshelves: howard-books
Recommended to Pilar by: Handlebar Marketing
Recommended for: Everyone
Read from February 27 to March 31, 2012 — I own a copy , read count: 1

I absolutely love the way Frank Peretti writes. When you read his books it's as if you are watching a movie. You can envision all the characters and feel everything he writes. He really has a gift which convinces as well as transports you. I didn't want to put the book down.

Illusion is an amazing love story with a touch of science fiction. It made my heart race and kept me on the edge of my seat anticipating what would happen next. This is definitely my kind of book; full of intrigue and suspense.

Initially, I wasn't sure what to expect from Frank Peretti's new book, Illusion. As it is quite different from other books he has written, such as my favorites, This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness, which had an overt Christian theme.

But, as Frank Peretti wrote in his note, there is Christian "symbolism and thematic elements" in Illusion. He goes on to explain, "I suppose this tale is a fictional tribute to love as God made it, and by that, an illustration of how beautiful the love between ourselves and our Lord can be." I thought that was beautiful.

I believe Illusion is a literary masterpiece and Frank Peretti is a genius. This book should be made into a movie, with all the special effects. Illusion is entertaining and does not disappoint. It goes without saying that I highly recommend this book to everyone.

I want to personally thank Howard Books and Julie Busteed from Handlebar Marketing for sending me a complimentary copy of Illusion to review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Illusion.

03/15/2012 page 25
4.0% "This is a very good book, I am enjoying it so far."