Isabelle's Reviews > Across the Galaxy

Across the Galaxy by Heather Hildenbrand

May 14, 12

Read from May 12 to 14, 2012

This book definitely didn't lack origininality in the story. One bonus point for that. I didn't feel bored at all and finished the book quite fast. There were some things that bothered me though. I did not get that sparky- aching feeling reading the love parts. I guess it was because the characters seemed too transparent to me.
Other than that, the whole book was written in a first person narrator, out of Alina's view. This is not bad, don't get me wrong. What the author did was, she inserted one chapter written out of Ander's view. What for? I didn't get any world- changing new input from that. Still not the reason I didn't give this book 5 stars though.

The feeling that I had when I shut the book:
I liked the whole empress-needs-to-save-the world- conflict, yet disliked the conflict between Ander and Alina, which seemed kind of non-existent and unnessecary to me. There could have been some more tension to actually make the reader crave for Ander- Alina-love. In addition to that, Ander seemed to appear in every situation. Therefor, only 4 of 5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Across the Galaxy.