Laura *Little Read Riding Hood*'s Reviews > Chasing Magic

Chasing Magic by Stacia Kane

Jun 01, 12

Read from May 03 to 04, 2012

Oh. My. God.

Without question, this is now my favorite book in the series. A title that was previously held by City of Ghosts. This book starts with Chess finishing up a Debunking assignment. It is the only real "church" work you see her doing. Fine by me. That just means more Chess + Terrible. Which is really what we all want at this point, now that they are FINALLY together, and secure in their relationship. And they are so damn cute.

He broke the kiss but kept holding her for a long moment, resting his cheek against the top of her head. "Love you Chess."

Damn, it was so hard pretending she didn't really care about him, pretending she didn't feel as if someone had poured her out of a jug to puddle all over everything, so turned on she could hardly breathe.

"I ain't ... Don't know how to say it up right. Never-Fuck, Chess. Thought you was dead once before, you recall? Never felt so bad in my life, not ever. Then on the other day, thought you was gone an just ... I ain't can do it, bein without you." He rubbed his neck, pressed his palm into his furrowed brow and took a swipe at his eyes.

This whole book is full of quotable moments. I had so many favorites, that the ones listed are a small selection. Me, whoo rarely quotes anything, had 30 sections highlighted. I read part of it on a plane, and actually laughed at loud at parts. And by laughed, I mean giggled like a mentally deranged leprechaun. I got some odd looks.

The plot is great as well. Of course Chess ends up working, indirectly, for her drug dealer, Bump, again. You get a little bit more of a peak into his feelings toward both her and Terrible.

What? Had Bump-had Bump just been nice to her?

Someone is selling tainted drugs, and as we all know that hits close to home for Chess. I don't want to say too much, as the information is slowly leaked to you throughout the book in such a brilliant way, that you are always following along, but never 100% sure what is going to happen next.

Speaking of percentages, 95% of the book made me happy as a clam, but there was 5% that upset me. Not that I disagree with what happened, just disappointed in reactions and in decisions made. And for once, not with Chess! There is another character, that I have a love-hate relationship with, Lex. He is an ex-something to Chess, and he does some things that really upset me. It was just business, but I don't have to like it.

There was so much in this book ... so much love, so much self-realization, so much OMG, so much character development from characters I would have considered fully developed ... I really can't find fault with this book. At all.

And if you have read any of my reviews, there is always something that bothers me about a book. Not always something that makes me rate it lower, but something.

Nothing is perfect.

Except this. Chasing Magic easily gets 5 stars from me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chasing Magic.

05/03/2012
0.0% "I have decided since I am traveling today and have to sit on a plane for 3 hours, I might as well read something I know I will like, and have been DYING to read. :-)"
05/03/2012
53.0% ""Shit. You so fuckin pretty, Chessie. True thing. So ... ain't even can breathe sometimes."

I Love Terrible. Love him."

Comments (showing 1-12)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Jennifer HOW DO YOU HAVE THIS? :)

message 11: by Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* (last edited May 03, 2012 02:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* I am awesome. :-) I got approved for an Advanced Review Copy, now that I do book reviews. About half way through, and IT IS MY FAVORITE so far. I FREAKING LOVE TERRIBLE. Oh lord.

Christen *Goldilox And The Three Weres* OMG it's your favorite??? I don't know how much longer I can put off reading my copy...

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* Seriously. I can't stand it so far.

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: I know....Iv put it off as well, Christen!

Laura *Little Read Riding Hood* I couldn't take it anymore, and broke it open. Half done in 3 hours or so. Am supposed to be visiting with family ... instead, reading. DAMN!!

Emily Jealous tears right now.

Sarah (SB) ღ lol, add my name to the list of people who are jealous you have it already! I can't wait!! lucky duck!

Sarah (SB) ღ *swoon* @ quotes! yay, can't wait!

Denise Roman Super Jealous!

Amanda The Book Slayer I agree. This one is my fave so far. Maybe I will re-read before I post my review! These books keep getting better and better.

message 1: by Sarah (new) - added it

Sarah Thank you for this review. I just finished Unholy Ghosts and loved it but was so upset about Terrible that I didn't want to read anymore in the series but after reading your review I know that they end up together I can keep reading to get to this one. Thanks!