Margit Sage's Reviews > A Stroke of Midnight

A Stroke of Midnight by Laurell K. Hamilton

Mar 01, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, shifters, romance, horror, kick-ass-heroine, 1st-person-pov, fae, magic-sorcery-witches
Read from February 27 to March 01, 2012

2.5 *'s: the plot is falling apart at the seams in this book. The "romance" is taking over. I still find it redeeming to read because the universe Hamilton has created is so colorful and interesting. All of the different fae with their varying shapes and growing powers, and the fairy mounds that they live in coming back to life after hundreds of years of stagnancy; it's all quite intriguing and inspiring.
Parts of the books seem really repetitive too, because she repeats the descriptions of the universe and all of the characters in each book of the series, so you could start with any book (although i think the first one is the best and they taper off from there) and I think even within each book, the descriptions at times seem repetitive.
I think I'll continue with the series, because I'm in love with the universe Hamilton's created, but I won't expect to love what happens with the characters. That's okay, because I have faith there will continue to be moments of inspiring brilliance among the flailing plotline. =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Stroke of Midnight.