♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee)'s Reviews > Chulito

Chulito by Charles Rice-González

Apr 04, 12

bookshelves: i-ll-finish-i-swear

OH. MY. GOD!! This book is basically set in the neighborhood that I lived in until I was seventeen years old. Hunts Point. The South Bronx. The gritty streets that are in my blood!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chulito.

02/28/2012 "I'm home and can start reading!! Yay!"
02/28/2012
1.0% "OMFG! Like Carlos, I went to the Bronx High School of Science. I actually went yay."
4.0% "Oh man, Chulito has a name chain!" 3 comments
36.0% "You did it, Chulito! You did it! :D" 4 comments
02/28/2012
46.0% "Okay, you guys, Kamikaze is definitely frightening. No softer side so far...just fuckin' creepy to the max." 2 comments
52.0% "I have to stop reading and get ready for bed now. :(" 2 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Edina Rose Really? Well so far it is good. It has a "real" feeling, like the author has experimented what he writes.

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) Yup, really. I'm a Bronx girl all the way! I found it because I saw you were reading it. :)

Edina Rose Then I glad I lead you to it. It's a good book.

message 4: by Val (new) - added it

Val Kovalin Laddie, you've got to read it and give us your perspective. I've never been there, but I can see he's naming specific landmarks and streets (which is great!) and I'm curious how much fun it would be for a reader who knows the area as well as the author does.

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) Val wrote: "Laddie, you've got to read it and give us your perspective. I've never been there, but I can see he's naming specific landmarks and streets (which is great!) and I'm curious how much fun it would b..."

I'm gonna start it tonight, Val. I'm so excited to start this book. I have a feeling that I'm going to love it.

message 6: by Val (new) - added it