Andrea's Reviews > Miracle

Miracle by Elizabeth Scott

Feb 27, 2012

liked it
Read in March, 2012

So I just went back and checked and it seems like I always feel the same way about Elizabeth Scott. I want her books to move and and make me feel. The topics sure suggest that they will. But they never do and I think it's mostly to due to how the characters are written. I never really care about them or feel sympathetic for them.

I wanted to feel bad for Megan and feel sorry for her. After all she witnessed at the plane crash, I wanted to like her and be hopeful for her. But I really didn't care about her. I get that she didn't feel anything but I don't think she needed to come off as so cold...she could have felt nothing and still been a sympathetic character.

And there are some other smaller details that I would have liked to have known. Was her brother diagnosed with a disease or was he just a sick kid with bad luck at always getting hurt? Just why did the plane crash? And I thought it was kinda weird that she was on such a small plane coming back from soccer camp. It would have made more sense if she was on a commercial airliner (her parents didn't seem to have enough money for plane that only held 5 or 6 people) or a small plane with other soccer players.

So yeah, it wasn't a bad story by any means, it just didn't get me to feel anything.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Miracle.

03/19/2016 marked as: read

Cristina I felt the exact same way! And for the love of GOD! WHY doesn't someone say "Megan, you have PTSD!" WHY??? OMW that bugged me so much! I really wanted to like this book. But just really did not. *sigh* Maybe I'll like her next one better