karen's Reviews > All My Friends Are Still Dead

Feb 28, 12

bookshelves: for-laughter
Read on February 27, 2012

look who's back!

this book was fun like the first one, although i tend to disapprove of sequels to books like these. i just bet that if you put your mind to it, you can come up with something else funny that you can extend into a short humorous book perfect for gift-giving. don't just trade in on the same joke again. impress me with your diversity! now!

having said that, there are still some cute drawings in here, and some good variations on the theme.

i like the manic expression on that worm, for example.

but no one bought me this as a gift, so i don't get to write a blissfully happy "thank you" and call it a book review this time, like i could with the first one.

i can afford to be a little sullen.

all my friends are books.
and book people.

and now i have to go and be responsible

i will miss you all...
62 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read All My Friends Are Still Dead.

message 1: by Bern (new)

Bern All my friends are book too!
Sometimes they ignore me tho. It makes me sad.

karen yeah. they just kind of gape at me blankly.

message 3: by Bern (new)

Bern thats exactly what mine do too. i simply dont understand what ive done wrong.

message 4: by Katie(babs) (new)

Katie(babs) awwww too cute!

karen Bernardo wrote: "thats exactly what mine do too. i simply dont understand what ive done wrong."

i have provided them with plenty of friends of their own kind to play with, for when i am at work...

message 6: by Bern (new)

Bern So have I, and yet they sit and stare... Maybe they just have a wide attention spam. people nowadays have all sorts of issues, i guess

message 7: by Jana (new)

Jana Do you talk to your books, too? I do. When I bring them home and show them around. When I'm done reading them and look around for the best place on the shelves for them, introducing them to their nearest neighbours. They never respond, though. They don't even sneeze when I occasionally dust them. Also: I'm far too cute to work, but my bosses are apparently blind to that. Stupid bosses! Let me do all the work just because they couldn't even figure out where to start! *shakes fist impotently*

karen sometimes i tell them to be patient, if i feel like they are judging me for not having read them yet...

message 9: by Jana (new)

Jana Oh, the reproachful stares! I'm well acquainted with those. A sure way to get assigned a resting place in the bedside table drawer (the only reason I got the thing was that it had drawers...).

karen i only have so much time on this planet! they should be grateful i rescued them from their bookstore shelves and dusty basements....at least i love them, even if i haven't gotten to read them yet.

message 11: by Jana (new)

Jana You tell'em, girl! Let them know that they are not the only books suffering from this self-perceived neglect. There are books all over the world waiting to be read. At least they are no longer being pawed by random potential customers who are not buying them anyway. ;o) And if they are bored, they may start a blog and whine about their troubles there. ...Ahem , I might have gotten carried away there.

Happy reading, Karen! Keep those lovely reviews coming! They are steadily adding to my already overlong wish list.

message 12: by B0nnie (new)

B0nnie karen wrote: "sometimes i tell them to be patient, if i feel like they are judging me for not having read them yet..."

I hear ya - shelves of unread books are awfully oppressive, they really are

message 13: by Ronyell (new)

Ronyell LOL!!! Great review! This book sounds interesting!

message 14: by Sandy (new)

Sandy Just one question: Is that manic worm wearing a Band-aid around its "neck" or is that supposed to be a T-shirt?

karen i think it is just a part of him?