Danny's Reviews > A Temptation of Angels

A Temptation of Angels by Michelle Zink

Mar 06, 12

Read from February 27 to March 04, 2012

First posted at Bewitched Bookworms

I admit, I never read a book from Michelle Zink before but I heard good things about her Prophecy of Sisters series. Being a sucker for Angel stories I knew I had to read this one! Add in the beautiful mysterious cover and I was sold!

World full of Angels, Hero’s, Heroine’s, Secrets and Love!
There is no mistaken here that this book focuses on the world building and setting the odds for what is to come in the next books. We discover together with Helen that Angels indeed exists and at the same time of course also their evil counterpart (demons). Moreover, Helen is no ordinary Angel, she’s one of very few Keeper of the World who are bound to protect the world and something very important… (Nope, not going to spill anything!)
I was fascinated with the lore Michelle Zink used and created here. We have a beautiful and wonderful mix of historian (story is set in London in the early 1900s), angelic lore, a little steampunk (very little but I found it cute) and I was very fast drawn into this world and desperately wanted to know more about the basics, rules and secrets!

Helen – wonderful strong protagonist!
Helen really had no easy time before she meets the Brothers (we talk about those hotties later) yet she stays incredible strong and never was on the edge to break. I found her a wonderful person yet I know giving the circumstances I wouldn’t have been so strong! It was admirable! At the same time she’s determined and focused to avenge what she has lost and does not let The Brothers tell her what to do! I believe she’s not the typical woman living in this time – but I liked her even more because of this! sometimes however, she overestimated herself a little and did some stupid things that she could have definitely avoided!

The Brothers! Oh my!
What is a good story without some hot boys? Well, nothing which is why we gat not one but two brothers here which are so different from each other, yet I fell in love with both of them! Darius is the older brother and bound to protect his little brother and standing rightful against everything evil – he’s also not very nice to Helen at some points, but what can I say I often have a soft spot for the bad boys! He’s a very closed character and no one apart from his brother can get near to him, which made him even more fascinating!
The other boy is the boy Helen falls for: Griffin – younger brother, strong, loyal and sweet! Yet, of course deadly when he has to fight some evil demons! He’s exactly what Helen needs in her situation right now, a broad should to lean one, someone who would protect her against everything and who simply loves her!

Unnecessary Love Triangle..
Yes there is one, but… I didn’t see this Triangle coming until the very end and it might be slightly spoilerish but this was one of the reasons why it was only a 4 star instead of a 5 for me. It was unnecessary and it felt forced for me. Also the BOI (Boy of Interest) didn’t do anything for me and I still have no clue why Helen has feelings for him!!!

Bottom Line
Fantastic introduction into a new world of Angels secrets, love and friendship. Wonderful heroine, smart and hot boys and so much more!!I’m eager to get back into this wold!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Temptation of Angels.

03/03/2012 page 160
36.0% "Love the setting and love Helen!! I"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maria (new)

Maria I have a thing with Michelle Zink writing not sure if i will read any more books from her :(

message 2: by Danny (last edited Mar 04, 2012 05:37AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Danny Oh!! Too bad....
I loved her writing a lot- I think she waved a beautiful tale here!!!

message 3: by Maria (new)

Maria Ofcource doesn't mean that you or anyone else have to agree with me it just Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1) by Michelle Zinkdidnt worked for me :((