Jennifer's Reviews > Love Amid The Ashes

Love Amid The Ashes by Mesu Andrews

F_50x66
Mar 08, 12

Read in February, 2012

I finished this book last week and it's take me a while to decide how I feel about it. I guess ambivilent sums it up. It was pretty well written, but I found myself craving the style of the other Biblical fiction book I read before this one. There were a few things that I really struggled with in the book, and I definitely appreciated her explanation at the end of the book. I was disappointed seeing one of her inspirations was a book on my personal "no-no" list...I wish I would have read the explanation at the end of this book before reading it...I probably wouldn't have continued.
*****
I'm changing my review on this a bit. I've still been thinking on this book quite a bit over the last few weeks, and I've come to the conclusion that I'm grateful for having read it. I feel like it let me have an insight into Job's pain that I might not have gotten otherwise. And watching Dinah lovingly and faithfully serving him and caring for him is an inspiration to me, and something I intend to put to use in my own life right away.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Amid The Ashes.