Ashley's Reviews > Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons

Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons by Siegfried Engelmann

Jun 21, 12

Read from February 27 to June 21, 2012

Giving up on this. Connor is already past it, so it's too boring for him. I do like the concept of it; we'll try and do it with Tate before he starts reading.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Teach Your Child to Read in 100 Easy Lessons.

03/03/2012 "On hold. Due Back at the library. I did go ahead and order a used copy from amazon. It seems like a good program so far"

Krystal We're about 35 lessons into this, and so far I'll say it's not super fun, but I've found it to be really effective.

Ashley Connor actually LOVES it! He is the one that reminds me to do it, and usually begs to do more than one lesson a day. I'm not sure how well it will work, though, because he already had some bad reading habits. I agree with you, though- it is kinda boring stuff!

Krystal Ya, we did 2 lessons a day at first, and as long as you can, do that, because you'll just get through it that much faster. As it goes on the lessons get longer, and I think we've reached the point where 1 lesson is about what Lincoln's attention span can handle. And also, I know they say to read the stuff word for word, but I'm kind of at a point now where I don't always. Some of the stuff Linc does well at and so we don't go as slowly as they drag it out (like the site words, the, a, said, he knows those pretty well so I don't make him "sound them out" first, I just let him tell me what they are and move on. And some of the stuff we repeat or do more of than they call for. Like when it has them find certain words in a story, they will usually only focus on one specific line, but I like to have him pick words from the whole thing....anyways, my point is, I don't think it's detrimental to their reading abilities if you tweak it here and there. :)

Ashley The lessons aren't too long for us yet- I think we're on 14 or something :0) Glad you're going through it first though, and can tell me the shortcuts!!