Holly's Reviews > Wicked Road to Hell

Wicked Road to Hell by Juliana Stone

Feb 27, 12

bookshelves: 200-books-in-2012, february-2012, read-in-2012, new-to-me-authors-2012
Read in February, 2012

I really like the world Stone has created in this new series. It's a little on the busy side (with a lot of different paranormal elements), but she made it work. I also liked the hero - for the most part. He was pretty solid. He was confident in his abilities and I liked that he knew what he wanted, then went after it.

Where the story broke down for me was the heroine. She was the "act first, think later" type. She kept cracking her neck and acting like she was invincible since she was a 300 year old vampire. The problem? She kept putting herself and others in danger because of her actions. Just because she was 300 year old vamp didn't mean she WAS invincible (She'd already been killed twice), and her rushing blindly into things (or after the hero) tended to make situations worse. Yet she couldn't figure out why he would get mad at her for it.

I kept hoping she'd be redeemed, but the longer the story wore on the more annoyed I got with her.

I liked the world enough that I plan to continue the series. I just hope the future heroines work better for me than this one.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wicked Road to Hell.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Scooper (new) - added it

Scooper Speaks I have been working on this book forever. It feels like it won't end. I don't like the heroine for all of the reasons you listed.