Quentin Stewart's Reviews > Pendant of Power

Pendant of Power by J.R. Tomlin

4220571
Feb 27, 12

I own a copy

A young man looking for a stake to get into a gambling game finds himself involved in a quest to find the pieces of pendant that when put into the proper hands may help to save the country and society as he knows it. A fantasy story full of magic and interesting characters I enjoyed Laying the Odds. How far will ordinary citizens go to try and preserve their society for themselves and their posterity? The main character, Wrai, finds himself in such a dilemma and continually asks himself what he is doing in this life threatening situation.

It is a very good story and well worth the time to read and enjoy. The magical forces that the mages are capable of calling upon are very interesting. The supporting cast of characters are interesting and a few one wishes to know more about, in particular the couple that takes care of Wrai's daughter. The flow of the story is good and one keeps wondering how it will all turn out.

It is left open-ended so maybe we will see the return of Wrai in some other adventures. One can only hope. A very good job and well worth the time.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pendant of Power.