Kelly's Reviews > Corsets & Clockwork: 13 Steampunk Romances

Corsets & Clockwork by Trisha Telep

Mar 29, 2012

bookshelves: magic, anthology, fantasy, steam-punk, urban-fantasy, mystery
Read in March, 2012

A good range of steampunk romance. Mainly Hits, just a few misses. Found some new authors to try anyhoo

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Corsets & Clockwork.

03/01/2012 "I've just finished the second story."

Comments (showing 1-1)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Kelly I am a big fan of Anthologies, a great way to read short stories by authors you love and to find new authors to try. This was a mixed bag for me. Stories from some of my favourite authors and ones I have yet to try. My reactions vary as some authors I like, I wasn't as keen on their submissions. It was a good selection of original stories that haven't appeared elsewhere and as far as I know are not part of series already created by the author so can be considered stand alone, which is always a Bonus.

Rude Mechanicals - This one was alright, wish there had been a bit more steampunk for me.

The Cannibal Fiend of Rotherhithe - I didn't feel that this one fitted this anthology, it wasn't really steampunk as such.

Wild Magie - The first story I really liked in this anthology and would happily be immersed in more of this tale.

Deadwood - I liked this one, too. The story was good, would happily read more about this tale.

Code of Blood - Meh...

The Clockwork Corset - Predictable, a bit of a let down.

The Airship Gemini - where others really loved this story, I did not get into it at all.

Under Amber Skies - What wasn't to like in this story, I loved the inventions and would happily read more of this tale.

King of the Greenlight City - This was an interesting story, part of me didn't like the way it ended, but would be interested in reading more of this story to see where it goes. A tempting teaser, I must say!

The Emperor's Man - Now I found this a little predictable but quite fun. Bookish girl's always appeal to me. Paranormal and Steam Punk. Fun.

Chickie Hill's Badass Ride - Meh.. not sure it fitted in either, apart from the tweaked car.

The Vast Machinery of Dreams - Didn't get into this one.

Tick Tick Boom - This could be close to my favourite. Loved the secrecy and plotting.

Overall a good anthology.