Misty's Reviews > Fever

Fever by Lauren DeStefano

May 01, 12

bookshelves: own, recieved-for-review
Read from April 22 to 26, 2012

I really enjoyed book one, Wither, so I was glad I had book two on hand to start right away and am happy to say I also enjoyed Fever just as much. I really liked the darker tone of the book as Rhine and Gabriel travel back to New York, and some of the things that happen to them had me wanting to peek through my fingers to read the book.
The author really did write a wonderfully imaginative book with some vivid descriptions and interesting personalities.
We do meet some new characters throughout, although none permanent I think (I hope) some will reappear in book three, Sever. My favourite of them all was young girl Maddie, she reminded me so much of my daughter who's also disabled and doesn't talk much (though she makes plenty of noise!) it made it impossible for me not to feel for her, especially during a certain scene that almost had me crying for her.
One complaint I do have is that there wasn't much development of the relationship between Rhine and Gabriel, sure they're there for each other but I didn't feel any chemistry and didn't think he added a lot to the story.
I enjoyed all of the shocking twists and the bits that had me squirming in my seat and I'm anxious for the last one to find out the conclusion.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fever.

04/22/2012 page 1