Jennifer's Reviews > The Nefarious: Prince of Shadow

The Nefarious by Keith Weaver

Feb 27, 12

Read in February, 2012

I had some high hopes for this book after reading the description. While the premise has a lot of promise and sparked my interest, I sadly found the story lacking.

I felt like I couldn't connect with any of the characters, like they were kind of thrown together. There was very little character development and their conversations awkward.

There were also some grammatical errors (ie: lead instead of led), a lot of repeating within paragraphs throughout (ie: "She started wondering why the man was asking such questions. Who was this stranger that had come calling on them? She wanted to know who the man was, what he wanted, and why he was asking such questions.").

As a horror fan, I was hoping to be frightened or have goosebumps. Each death was basically the same, with the descriptions repetitious. I will say that Mr. Weaver did take me by surprise with the ending!

While the story was a short one (just a little over 100 pages on my Nook Color) there wasn't much depth.A few more pages of writing would of been appreciated. I do think there is a lot of potential within the pages, I would have loved to have more background. The story line really is a good one. I wouldn't not recommend this read, because I don't feel that I wasted my time at all but the read just wasn't for me.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Nefarious.