Rachel Baloloy's Reviews > The Desire for Dearborne

The Desire for Dearborne by V.B. Kildaire

F_50x66
Feb 27, 12

Read in February, 2012

What captured me most about this book is it's set in England with all its interesting hierarchy in play. I love historical books especially about medieval England.

The whole story did enthrall me but not completely that's why I gave it only 4 stars. I do like the way Kildaire set up the two characters and the way she wrote the blossoming of their love. It was okay, but it would have seduced me more if the author emphasized the issues of both parties that have the greatest impact in their relationship. I feel like the author only had me glanced at it so I wasn't able to latch on to that feeling. I felt kind of withdrawn to the character's feelings because of that.

The politics, plotting and conspiracy of the antagonist was thrilling all on its own. Unfortunately, it stole the limelight of Julien and Leander's developing relationship. I felt like during those times that the two were separated, the author should have dramatized the feeling, especially longing, the characters have for each other.

Still, all in all, I'm glad of how the story went and I am satisfied with the happy ending for Julien and Leander.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Desire for Dearborne.