Sherrill's Reviews > Same Kind of Different as Me

Same Kind of Different as Me by Ron Hall

Feb 27, 12

Read in February, 2012

I didn't know when I began this book that it was a true story. It just seemed hard for me to believe that people could grow and change that much. I guess I am jaded and I don't really know why. You would think going on a mission would have cured that in me. I found this to be a soul searching kind of book. I have an assignment to do things for someone who is very needy right now and I have a hard time getting around smells and filth into really getting close to this person and really being there for her. Miss Debbie in the book was just way beyond this and I feel sort of disappointed in myself for not being more like that. I loved Denver's take on how we might be just being friends with people to "catch and release" like fish. I don't do that. At my age anyone who wants to be my friend is very welcome. But I am afraid I might be like the do gooders who went to his mission and just did their job and never really became a part of the lives of those they served. This is a book to make you think and cry and vow to be a little better.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Same Kind of Different as Me.