Kristen's Reviews > The Forever Girl

The Forever Girl by Rebecca  Hamilton

Feb 27, 13

bookshelves: fantasy, immortal, magical, paranormal, romance, shapeshifters, vamps, witches, ya
Read on February 27, 2013

GENRE: Paranormal
THEME: Romance, Magic, Vampires
RECEIVED: Blog Tour
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
The Forever Girl follows Sophia a girl who is treated like an outsider in her own town. People around her think she’s a witch and is constantly wishing to leave her town and start over. One night out with her friend changes everything after she becomes a target by supernatural beings, learning that the paranormal world truly exists and finding out how she’s connected to it.

Sophia is a young girl who practices Wiccan and after one of her spells goes bad she starts hearing voices, She stays a constant strong willed young woman throughout. She does however accept the paranormal world a little too easily, though she is wary, I personally would of thought it would be more real to freak out a bit. As she becomes more involved in the paranormal, she learns about her heritage and learns the meaning of a Forever Girl. I feel most readers will connect with Sophie; she pulls herself into this new world and becomes very involved in the changing in herself and around her.

Charles is a mysterious, frustrating, and the main protector for Sophia. When the readers are first introduced to him he’s intrigued by Sophia, unsure about her and can seem to stay away. I loved the vampire’s that Hamilton created, like Charles; they can shift into animals that make them stronger. Charles is definitely an old soul and his connection with Sophia is paced perfectly. There is no insta-love, the relationship is developed slowly and the readers get the feeling of a real relationship.

Overall this book caught me a bit off guard, I had heard of it before and wanted to read it a while back. I’m glad to have finally read it; it reminds me of the older vampire books. The unique plot; with the Salem witch trials, eerie settings and romantic couple in a paranormal world. There is one major shocker that I didn’t see coming and that was with one of her closest friends; Hamilton did a wonderful job connecting all these small details that made the story that much better. The pace is a bit slow in the beginning, but once I reached the middle I was hooked, there are a lot of things that connect in the end and Sophia is taking on a journey that will forever change her life.

If your looking for a fresh paranormal story with memorable characters, romance, historical plots twist, and a mystery that will shock you then Forever Girl is a must read.

RECOMMENDATION:
This is a Young Adult books with a mix of Urban Fantasy and Paranormal magic and some adult content for a mature reader.. Fans of Brodi Ashtons Everbound series and Kiersten White’s Paranormalcy series will enjoy Forever Girl by Rebecca Hamilton.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Forever Girl.