Becky Canovan's Reviews > The Survival Kit

The Survival Kit by Donna Freitas

611944
Feb 27, 2012

Read in February, 2012

I was warned. When Amy suggested that I read this book immediately in an email at 1:10am, I should have known this book would cost me some sleep. She was right, I was right, and Kelly who sent her ARC home with me last weekend was right too.

I wasn't entirely sold on Donna Freitas after her first book, but I am so glad I gave her a second chance. Her characters are well developed and I found myself wanting to reach through the pages to give them a hug on numerous occasions.

As I got going, this book felt a lot like a roadtripless Amy and Roger's Epic Detour, and we all know how much I loved that book. I do really enjoy the idea of providing a playlist with books. It helps when they're integrated into the book somehow, but I think I'd settle for the "what I was listening to when I wrote this" playlist from the author too.

How do we go about making that happen??
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Survival Kit.

Carolynne Maybe the authors or publishers think the playlist narrows the appeal of the book to those who are familiar with the songs--which cuts me out, and others of my generation, right now, and others in the future. Without a playlist, a book has a longer shelf life, it seems to me.