Cheryl's Reviews > Clawback

Clawback by Mike   Cooper

Mar 01, 12

bookshelves: first-reads
Read on March 01, 2012

YEAH! That's what I'm talking about! Phew. That was FUN! Tons of action, suspense, and thrills bound together by awesome cover art. It's simple and clean with great font choice. Mike Cooper (pen names are cool) can write, ladies and gents. Clawback is a fantastic debut novel from him, so I'm going to keep my eye out for this guy.

I am a HUGE fan of dialogue, and this book has plenty of it. Witty banter, intelligent arguments, just all-around fast paced conversations. The main characters are incredibly badass, smart, and unpredictable, making them all the more lovable. "Silas Cade" just sounds like someone who would whip my butt on the dojo mats. Who doesn't love a good murder mystery? Not me. Can't get enough. Oh? Multiple murders? Yes, please. Count me in. Corruption on Wall Street and danger around every corner? Bring it on. Again. And again. Seriously. This cast gets into so much trouble. It's amazing, but scary (hospital kind of scary).

There is nothing better than a book that makes me extremely happy on one page, then, on the next, takes my happiness, crushes it into the ground, builds a brick house over it and leaves it, until ten pages later, a bulldozer knocks the brick house over, digs up my happiness, and takes it to Six Flags just to ride many roller coasters of emotional panic and shock. No complaints here. For a classic thriller filled with action, mystery, and suspense that just oozes of the pages, pick up Clawback. I don't regret it, neither will you.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Clawback.