diana (chaotic reader)'s Reviews > So Over You

So Over You by Gwen Hayes

Jan 05, 13

bookshelves: my-favorite

So Over You is a short, typical young adult novel. It has no unique plot and for the most part, it’s pretty much predictable. But tell you what, even with all those things in mind, this book totally rocks!

So Over You features our seventeen year old heroine, Layney Logan. She’s definitely an interesting character. She has a fiery personality and she’s not one to back down from a challenge. So, when her next assignment is to take on twelve blind dates for their fundraiser, she agrees (eventhough she’s dead set against it).

So Over You is mostly about Layney learning to cope with the past and letting it all out. She’s very secretive and she hates showing other people her weakness. She always comes off strong and always with a witty comeback up her sleeve.

And then we have Layney Logan’s co-chief editor of their town’s only newspaper, James Theodore Foster or as he is referred to for most part of the book, Jimmy Foster. Jimmy and Layney definitely had a past. They were a couple once upon a time until one night changes everything. Jimmy and Layney’s romantic relationship is definitely a rollercoaster ride. It was a simple yet very complicated relationship. They are almost always arguing with each other and Layney’s always admitted that she hates Jimmy Foster.

The romance was what really made this book awesome. You could just see how much Layney and Jimmy cares for each other eventhough they would say otherwise. I love their moments of arguing ‘cause they’re really cute when they get into nonsense quarrels (just sayin’ haha). But I must warn you, this book is filled with aww-that’s-so-sweet moments. So if you’re a die-hard romance fanatic like me, be prepared to be swooned.

I would have wanted a more in-depth look at their past though. It would have given us a clearer picture of how they were then and how much really changed. Also, it would have been nice to have a look at Layney and Jimmy’s life outside ‘journalism’. But I love this book anyway…

So Over You is about acceptance and coming to terms with the past. It’s about trust, loyalty and finally being able to open up yourself to others. It also shows how much could change with every decision, every mistake and every thing that happens to us.

I’d say So Over You is absolutely spectacular! And you’re doing a huge mistake of NOT reading it. Recommended!

"I told her I liked the way your name made my heart jump."

Every time that boy smiled, somewhere a puppy died
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read So Over You.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Milka Bago "I told her I liked the way your name made my heart jump." this is one of my favorite quotes in this book. :D

diana (chaotic reader) I love it too! I'm actually bit disappointed though 'cause I felt like the end wasn't the "end"