Sandra's Reviews > 150 Pounds: A Novel of Waists and Measures

F_50x66
Feb 27, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read in February, 2012

I don't even know where to start. Firstly, the writing in this was terrible. Different viewpoints all over the place. Also, both Alexis and Shoshana could see through walls and curtains. For example, Alexis was at the ER and closes the curtain around her, but somehow sees the couple across the hallway--behind their own curtain. Ugh. Someone needs to fire their editor.

And the last four books I've read have had the proverbial gay best friend. Is this the must-have accessory for 2012? If I don't write a gay best friend into my novel, will it not sell? Is it possible that all gay people have the proverbial drama-chick in their lives? I have nothing against gay best friends, it just seems that they are all so cliche in these books. Can't a gay best friend just be...a best friend...without the over-the-top-ness that gets portrayed?

I sense that perhaps I need to broaden my reading scope and include more things that don't have (a) the drama chick and (b) the proverbial gay best friend.

The story, itself, was okay for me once I got over how many different view points were being expressed in addition to the intended viewpoint of either Alexis or Shoshana. Also, it seemed like there were a lot of typos so it became a game to see how many I could find. Not really what you want your reader to be concentrating on while reading your book.

But, I guess, the good news is that I finished the book. Quite fast considering I started it on Friday and had it done by Sunday, so I must have enjoyed it on some level.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 150 Pounds.