J-Lynn's Reviews > Dracula and Frankenstein Are Friends

Dracula and Frankenstein Are Friends by Katherine Tegen

This is a meandering story where the beginning of the book doesn't quite fit with the end of the book. And, some of the cliches used are outdated and forced.

It is essentially a story about friendship, but could be used to show how people make mistakes and can work to fix them.

Dracula selfishly only send out the invites for his own Halloween party and throws away the invites for Frankenstein's party. Frankenstein prepares and is excited for the party, but no one shows up because they are all next door at Dracula's house. At first, it seems like Dracula doesn't care, but he finally has all of the party goers move to Frankenstein's party. For me, Dracula's gesture was just too little too late. I felt really sad for Frankenstein for most of the book.

The best part of the story are the illustrations. The beginning of the story has cool side slices of the two houses with a lot of dark, monstery details. And the pictures at the monster cafe and Halloween party are full of monsters and creatures from various lore.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dracula and Frankenstein Are Friends.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dini (new)

Dini J-Lynn, this book sounds so fun! I own both Bram Stoker's Dracula and Mary Shelley's Frankenstein but have yet to actually read them despite knowing all about the story from pop culture references. Maybe after I get to them I should check out this book ;)

J-Lynn It is definitely cute for a kids book. I think it would be fun to identify and discuss all of the monsters in the illustrations.