TooManyFeelsToDeal's Reviews > Obsidian

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Feb 27, 2012

bookshelves: favorites, the-greatest

Oh my god. Oh my god. I can honestly say this is one of the best books i have ever read. For a while i debated about getting this book, because it was about aliens and i'm not much of a sci-fi reader, but I was NOT disappointed.
Katy is funny, strong, independent, and is totally falling for her next door neighbor. Daemon.
Daemon is hot headed, a ass in some cases, sarcastic, protective, and to Katy, one of the hottest boys she has ever seen.
What Katy doesn't know is that he's an alien. An alien that is made completely out of light. They are from the planet Lux. And he has the power to light her up when he uses his powers around her, that only the aliens can see. And with her as a beacon they can find Daemon and his twin Dee.
But of course he can't have a relationship with her. He has to protect his sister and the other local aliens, because people have a way of disappearing if they find out about them, thanks to the department of defense(DOD.)
And he's defiantly not ready to have a relationship with a human after what happened to his brother. One thing Daemon has learned is that caring for humans only turns out bad.

I liked this trailer for some reason. It's not completely accurate with what the characters are doing, but i think the mood fits.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Obsidian.

Quotes TooManyFeelsToDeal Liked

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“The day my internet was hooked up was better than having a hot guy check out my butt and ask for my phone number.”
tags: katy

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“My palms itched to have a close encounter of the bitch-slap kind with his face.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I hate you and your freaky alien powers.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“How long have you been standing there?"
"Just long enough to see you give Daemon the middle finger."
"He deserved it.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“I didn't tell you this because I'm sure you would've changed your mind about the dress."
"What?" I frowned. "Does it make my butt look big?"
She laughed. "No. You looked stunning in it."
"Then what's the deal?"
Her smile turned downright mischievous. "Oh, you know, just that the color red is Daemon's favorite.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Remind me," he paused, drawing in a stuttered gasp, "to never piss you off again. Christ, are you secretly a ninja?”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“And this is why you don’t want me to be friends with Dee, because you were afraid that I’d find out the truth?”
“That, and you’re a human. Humans are weak. They bring us nothing but trouble.”
My eyes narrowed. “We aren’t weak. And you’re on our planet. How about a little respect, buddy.”
Amusement flickered in his emerald eyes. “Point taken.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“You haven’t locked yourself in any rooms or rocked in any corners, right?”
I rolled my eyes and began walking again. “No Daemon, but thanks for making sure I’m mentally sound and all.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Why are you such an ass?" The words came out before I could think twice.
"Everyone has to excel at something, right?"
"Well, you're doing a great job.”

Jennifer L. Armentrout
“Oh no I know that look. What are you thinking?
That this is the most ridiculous declaration of attraction I've ever heard”