Molly's Reviews > The Rancher and the Rock Star

Feb 27, 12

Recommended to Molly by: GoddessFish Promotions
Recommended for: everyone
Read in February, 2012

I absolutely, with out a doubt, have a new favorite author. This books was AWESOME SAUCE and then some! Lizbeth Selvig swept me away with instant smiles and laughs and kept me on the roller coaster ride of laughs, and fun until the end of the amazing book. Each character wormed their way into my heart and are there to stay. The plot line was flirtatious and fun, hooking me for the long run!

I loved Gray Covey's character. Just from the cover you can tell he's gonna be one sexy man, and oh la la! Was he EVER! He's character was one of complexity. He's a caring, loving guy, but being a rock star, well, life isn't always that easy for him. Especially when he has to hunt his runaway teenage son down. When he finds him, at a Minnesota farm with a gorgeous widowed woman and her daughter-his number one fan- his life is about to get a whole lot more complicated....for the better.

Abby Stadtler. Her complicated life really wasn't all that complicated. Could be because I sympathize easily with her, since she's a single mom, and I am too, so I can understand her struggles financially. But, when she meets Gray Covey, the Rock Star, HER world is about to a get a little more complicated than it already is. Her daughter is his number one fan and his son....well, let's just say that she thought she had hired an 18 year old young man who's father was a typical work-a-holic.

But, once Gray and Abby meet, the sparks are their and their fun loving squabbling ensues. Seeing them flirt and have fun together really is breathtaking. Until someone is out to make Gray look bad, to the public eye, in order to boost his sales and career. The question is, who is doing it? And why? It's enough to drive Gray crazy and a little more closer to the life he wants to live...with Abby, her daughter and his son. Will he finally get the life he wants, or will he forever be a rock star, with no time for his son?

This book is most definitely a highest of high 5 Book worthy novel. I loved the romance, the flirtiness, the sparks that fly...all of it was compelling and gripping. Ms. Selvig even added an element that is dear to my heart...Alzheimer's...for it was my grandfather died of, so it's always something that pulls me a little further into a story when an author adds that element. Between the amazing characters, the fantabuleriffic plot line and lots of sparks flying, this book is sure to win it's way into hearts of romantic comedy lovers everywhere. I definitely recommend that you grab up a copy of this book now! Well done, Ms. Selvig! I can't wait for another fun, flirty, laugh out loud novel from this talented author!

This review originated at Reviews By Molly in part with a blog tour.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rancher and the Rock Star.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Lizbeth Selvig Well, Molly, you know how happy you made MY day! Thank you so very much for such an amazing review. I'm so grateful you took the time to read the book--and that it resonated with you!