☂ ℬrandi's Reviews > Your Scandalous Ways

Your Scandalous Ways by Loretta Chase

I usually don't feel compelled to write a review but this book caught me quite unaware. Firstly, the heroine (Francesca Bonnard) is a fallen woman (hence the series name) which I thought would be most unappealing to me. It was, and that's pure hypocrisy on my part since I love a good libertine, but my distaste for that aspect was quickly subdued by the heroine's strong will and character. She is capable, smart and wise. She might have it all figured out actually. Then there is the most composed, charming, desirable and determined hero (James Cordier) who was very distracting. The book overall was witty, full of lovers games, passionate, romantic and made me laugh several times. It's set in Venice which is a nice departure from Regency England, but still deals with similar adventures found in most historical romances. Granted it has some weak points, some slow parts and minor flaws, otherwise the good stuff - the interaction between the H/H - was so good (for me) that the hero (especially) and heroine now rank among my favorites. Wittiness, playfulness and provocation amuse me to no end and that's what appeals in this story. I'm a sucker for a love story that has the lovers name calling, fighting, annoying and threatening one another then laughing, being tender, affectionate and loving all in the same scene.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Your Scandalous Ways.