Elsie's Reviews > Mrs. Tuesday's Departure

Mrs. Tuesday's Departure by Suzanne Elizabeth Anderson

Aug 17, 14

bookshelves: for-review
Read from February 26 to March 02, 2012

I was very excited to receive an email from author Suzanne Anderson asking me to review this book! I have always been a fan of WWII fiction, although I've gotten away from reading it the past few years.

This novel is fairly short, but bittersweet. It tells a little bit different side of WWII than most novels I've read. This novel is set in Budapest, Hungry near the very end of the war. The Germans seem to know that they are doomed at this point.

This is the story of an unconventional family - two aunts, Natalie and Anna (who happen to also be twins), and their niece, Mila. Mila is half Jewish and needs to be safely removed from their hometown of Budapest. But they have waited too long and there is no easy way to get her to safety. To complicate matters, Anna, has some kind of early onset dementia. Natalie has to decide whether she is willing to leave one behind to save the other.

Thrown in the mix is a healthy dose of love interest. Unrequited love, lost love and the undying hope of love for the future.

I would highly recommend this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mrs. Tuesday's Departure.