Delia's Reviews > Kiss of the Vampire

Kiss of the Vampire by Cynthia Garner

Feb 28, 12

Read from February 26 to 28, 2012 — I own a copy

*Spoilers*
Well let me start by saying I was lucky enough to score an advanced copy of Kiss of the Vampire in order to participate in Forever's Paranormal Blog tour. Since I am a fan of both Urban fantasy/paranormal and Sci-fi in general I was excited to jump right into this novel. Check out my blog for an author interview.

In Garner's world a rift between our dimension and another opens every 83 years letting beings slip in and inhabit normal human bodies. Theses beings are what we call vampires, shifters, demons and the like. I have to say this is actually a pretty thought provoking take on the way theses creatures could appear on earth. Since this the first book in her new series Garner has taken some extra time to explain this to the reader.
As the story opens we find ourselves at a crime scene with half human/half demon liaison Nix. Nix is the human Liaison for the Council of Preternaturals, a group in charge of governing the Preternaturals here on earth. Her job is to work with human detectives to resolve human/preternatural problems.
Nix has her job made even harder by the fact that her old flame (who dumped her) has returned to help solve a string of vampire murders. Things heat up between Nix and Tobias, sometimes bad, sometimes good as they and Dante try to get to the bottom of the killings.
Garner has created an exciting world in her new series and I am definitely looking forward to the next one, Secret of the wolf. I was also excited to see that Dante will be appearing in the next book. Even though his character is not a love interest in Kiss of the Vampire, I really enjoyed him. It does help that he has the same kind of horses I have and drives a 4X4, an easy way into my heart. I hope he has better luck romancing a werewolf than he did with a half demon.
Overall I thought this was a truly enjoyable read. I will warn you though, there was plenty of adult content so this should be an adult only read.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss of the Vampire.