Dania's Reviews > Born to Darkness

Born to Darkness by Suzanne Brockmann

Mar 23, 12

Read from February 26 to March 23, 2012

I won this by Goodreads FirstReads Program.
This review is my honest thoughts on this book.

And wow was it amazing.

My favorite character is a totally kick-ass chick that goes by the name of Mac. She's a tough cookie, who has a supernatural ability. She works for the Obermeyer Institute. Basically, those who have a high integration level, they admit. Because high integration means you have an ability.

There's this bad organization that produces Destiny. Which is a drug that gives you extra powers even if you were a fraction (which is a non-greater than). But they're looking for young girls to help produce the drug. And the Obermeyer Institute wants to do whatever it takes to stop them.

What I really liked about this book is how the characters are structured, each character presented in this book represents something integral in the storyline. When Brockmann introduces new characters, you get to know each of them from tidbits scattered around the whole book, which builds your understanding of why they're important little by little.

The pace was excellent. It was action packed, even the slow moments were entertaining to read.

I am definitely looking forward to the next book in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born to Darkness.