Jenben8426's Reviews > No Place for Magic

F 50x66
Mar 13, 12

bookshelves: kids-chapter-books
Read in March, 2012

Emma is determined to get Eadric's parents to give their blessing for the wedding between the two, but she doesn't understand their dislike of all things magical--especially witches. When Emma and Eadric get to his parents' castle they learn that Eadric's bratty little brother has been taken by the troll queen. Emma knows this is her opportunity to show Eadric's parents just what magic can really do, as she saves their son. But when Emma finds that the trolls can track her when she uses magic through the aid of an all-seeing glass ball, Emma must put her magic aside and go about saving Eadric's brother without the aid of her magic.

The fun continues in this lighthearted adventure series with Emma and Eadric. I enjoy the various uses of mystical and magical creatures throughout the books. The story flows nicely and although lacks in depth for older readers, continues to be a nice, clean read for the tween ages. Overall the only thing that I was a bit turned off on is that Emma is only 16. I would have much preferred her to be 18 at least.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read No Place for Magic.