Aimeekay's Reviews > 77 Shadow Street

77 Shadow Street by Dean Koontz

F_50x66
Feb 26, 12

bookshelves: first-reads

Soo I have been so looking forward to reading this! I literally squeeled when I found out that I had won an early copy.

I did enjoy the book. The details and descriptions were amazing, and the mystery gradually unfolds in such a way that keeps you guessing, and hooked even after the One and the truth about Shadow Hill are finally revealed.
There were so many times in the story that I thought I had it figured out, only to turn the page to find that I was soooo off. Then I'd come up with another conclusion, and couldn't wait to see if I was right or not!

While it's been a while since I've read anything by Koontz, I still looked forward to his newest novel. I think I kinda psyched myself up a little too much though. It wasn't AS scary as I thought it would be. There are definitely some spooky and twisted parts, but no real omg, leave the light on, look over my shoulder parts. But despite that I still think the story was really good.

I enjoyed seeing the different characters points of view. Though I really had to wonder what the point was of Chapter 28. It gave some insight into Mickey Dime's mother, and into how the One could have come into existence with so little resistance from the rest of humanity. But we never hear from the characters in chapter 28 again in the story. *shrug* It doesn't detract from the story itself, so it's not really an issue.

I did enjoy the book, and even if you aren't an avid Koontz reader I think you would enjoy it immensely.

****In compliance with FTC guidelines, I'm disclosing that I received this book for free through GoodReads First Reads. ****
(I recommend everybody should go check out all the awesome first read giveaways they have!)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 77 Shadow Street.