Morgan's Reviews > Gio

Gio by Elizabeth Reyes

May 25, 2012

bookshelves: 4-stars
Read in May, 2012

"I don't know what else to tell you, man. You can't fight love. Trust me. I tried." - Gio

Noah, the first novel in the 5th Street series, wasn't my favorite book by Elizabeth Reyes. It was good. I liked it, but it wasn't my favorite. Gio, the second novel in the 5th Street series, may be my new favorite book by Elizabeth Reyes. I absolutely LOVED this story. It was a cute, fun contemporary romance novel. I enjoyed this story so much that my cheeks are sore today because I had a huge perma-grin the entire time I was reading this contemporary romance novel.

Ms. Reyes is a phenomenal authors. Her characters are extremely well-developed and down to earth. I haven't read a novel by her that I haven't liked.

I am a complete sucker for verbal foreplay, and this book had a lot of it! You could feel the tension and chemistry building between Gio and Bianca every time they teased and flirted with one another. I also really liked the love triangle element in this novel. I like the way Ms. Reyes set things up and played them out.

Gio was a great novel because it was a sweet and sexy story with a touch of sad and serious. This novel had a little bit of everything.

I gave Gio (5th Street #2) by Elizabeth Reyes 4 STARS. I strongly recommend this contemporary romance novel to adults and mature young adults.

-XOXO

READING, EATING AND DREAMING
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Gio.

Comments (showing 1-10)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Angie - Angie's Dreamy Reads Can't wait to read this one...I loved Noah!

Morgan I liked Noah, but I loved Gio! :)

Alexis *Reality Bites* Reading, Eating & Dreaming wrote: "I liked Noah, but I loved Gio! :)"

Nice,*smiles* Real Nice....

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Good to know that you went from like to love on this series. I also "liked" Noah so I'm hoping that means that I will also "love" Gio.

Morgan I hope so Melissa! I can't wait to see what you think!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Reading, Eating & Dreaming wrote: "I liked Noah, but I loved Gio! :)"

So even if I didn't love Noah, I should continue with the series? hmmm

Morgan Chrystle- Yes. There was something about Noah that just didn't work for me. I enjoyed the story, but I didn't connect with the characters or the story like I did with the Moreno Brother series. Gio, on the other hand, may be my new favorite novel by Elizabeth Reyes. I loved it. I would definitely give it a shot!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Reading, Eating & Dreaming wrote: "Chrystle- Yes. There was something about Noah that just didn't work for me. I enjoyed the story, but I didn't connect with the characters or the story like I did with the Moreno Brother series. Gio..."

Alright, good to know. I also didn't connect with the characters at all in Noah. Made me sad! But if you say I'll like Gio...then I'll give it a shot.

Adriana Aviles I agree with RED I liked Noah but LOVED Gio. I usually hate love triangles, but I enjoyed this book tremendously.