Wendy Darling's Reviews > Inhale

Inhale by Kendall Grey

Feb 27, 2012

bookshelves: to-read, 2012-publication, pnr-urban-fantasy, may, indie-author
Recommended to Wendy Darling by: Kara Malinczak

Whale biology? Hot sex? 5 stars from trusted friends? Proceeds to whale research? *flails*
11 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inhale.

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope you like it. I don't know if she is still doing ARCs, but if you are interested, you might want to contact her about that.

Wendy Darling Oh, thanks Kara! It's awhile off, so maybe she has some left. I'll email her. :)

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Absolutely. :)

Wendy Darling Fingers crossed! You got me all excited.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I hope you get it. Let me know what happens. :)

Wendy Darling I love that the proceeds are going to whale research...I was suspicious about the main character being a whale biologist until I saw that the author is a whale educator herself. Not that spy novelists have to be spies, but you know.

I'd better not cry, dammit! But by the looks of your shelves, I'm afraid I will, Kara.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

She is. And she's awesome She's got 5 or so vlogs up on youtube. And I know she speaks at schools. I have an interview with her coming up on my blog on April 27th. I thought the whale scenes were done brilliantly. You can just easily see the passion she has for them through her writing. At least to me.

And LOL about my shelves. I did tear up. It wasn't a full on sob or anything, but the love story was pretty special, I thought.

Giselle She still has some because she just emailed me a request for it. Email her Wendy you'll get one!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Did you get one Giselle? Awesome. I'd love to see you two review it. You ladies are trusted AND honest reviewers.

Giselle I just checked out here now for other reviews and I said I'd review it. The reviews are all amazing it wasn't just yours and a few other of my friends have loved it. Plus it sounds so unique.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Awesome! I will be watching for your review. I rarely read things before other reviewers, so I can't wait to see what you guys think!

Wendy Darling Thanks Giselle! I heard back from the author this morning, so I'm all set, too. :) Look forward to comparing notes with you. And thanks again for writing such a great review, Kara--it certainly persuaded me! I didn't even look at any others, hah.

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm glad. I so cannot wait to hear what you two think. I hope you love it as much as I did, but I look forward to reading your thoughts either way. :)

Giselle Yay I can't wait to see what you think Wendy!

Wendy Darling I think this means we can go after Kara with pitchforks if we don't like it, Giselle. :D I'll bring the marshmallows...

Giselle Ok I'll bring fire! (You never know!)

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL oh God. ::hides under the bed--wait, pass me a marshmallow first::

Wendy Darling I'll bring Reese's peanut butter cups!

Just kidding, Kara, we will still love you anyway even if we don't love the book. But I would be surprised if we didn't like it. :)

message 19: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 28, 2012 05:07PM) (new)

Giselle Kara wrote: "I hope so. LOL! Ooooh Reese's peanut butter cup smores. Has anyone ever tried that? I bet that would be awesome! LOL..Jesus I need chocolate."

Ooh yum!! I'm eating a Mars bars as we speak teehee

Wendy Darling That is my favorite S'more, Kara. :) I once brought a hostess gift that was a basket of graham crackers, marshmallows, Reeses peanut butter cups, and skewers, because the place where we were staying had a big fire ring that they'd dug. It was fabulous.

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay. So I don't go camping a lot, but next time I do I am so doing that. It sounds friggin amazing.

Wendy Darling Give them a try. You'll never go back to plain chocolate s'mores again!

And oh, camping. I'm a fan of creature comforts, so I haven't done that in ages. But it's fun to do s'mores in the park or on the beach, too.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

True. I'll be moving back to Florida at some point over these next couple of years and beach smores sound awesome!! And you are right. Who would want plain chocolate s'mores when you can have peanut butter?

message 25: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer I'm not sure if you have this book yet but its free on Amazon right now!