David's Reviews > Inexcusable

Inexcusable by Chris Lynch

M_50x66
Feb 26, 12

Read in February, 2012

This book is about a teenage boy named Keir Sarafian and the many inexcusable actions that he makes. In the story, he is in love with a girl named Gigi Boudakian that already has a boyfriend. In the beginning, Gigi screams at Keir and calls him a rapist. After that, it goes back in time and explains how good of a kid Keir is and the events that lead to the main problem. The book contains examples of alcoholism, rape, drugs, peer pressure, hazing, and family disputes.

I really liked this book, because of the fact that it resembles real life situations from a teenager's point of view. At first, I felt sorry for Keir, because he was being blamed for things that he didn't do. Throughout the story, I discovered that his actions were results from the many substances he was abusing. In the end, I felt that the details, that the author provided, did not sound like rape. Although, it could have just been Keir's point of view of the situation. Chris lynch could have went a little more in depth, but all together it was a great book and i recommend it to all young adults.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inexcusable.