706sarah's Reviews > Love, Aubrey

Love, Aubrey by Suzanne LaFleur

Mar 05, 2012

bookshelves: 7th-grade-books
Read from February 26 to March 05, 2012

This book was amzing. It wasn't so much the writing that made me fall in love with it, it was more the different emotions that I felt while reading it, and that Aubrey dealt with. At the beginning, things were sad. Her dad and little sister died and her mom left her alone. She just abandoned Aubrey. This really hurt her, and she was just so sad. Than her Grandma came to get her: this made Aubrey relieved, yet she didn't want to leave her home behind and all the memories that fufilled her house. Yet she went with her Grandma, just feeling very confused. At first when she got there she was angry she had ever come, but as the year went on she met her bestfriend, Brigid there. This was an especially happy moment for her. Than they found her mom, and this moment was the biggest moment o0f emotion in the book. She was relieved in a way that they had found her mom, but also very torn up inside. She was furious at her mom for just walking out on her and leaving her. I guess I would be too. I mean i know I would be. In a way, i wouldn't really want to find my mom, i mean i would be way too furious. But i guess I would find a way to frogive her, and just talk about it. That's sort of what Aubrey did.
I think Suzanne LaFleur did a great job in communicating different emotions. All in all, this was a great book to experience and i defenitely reccomend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love, Aubrey.

02/26/2012 page 51
19.0% "p.1-51 From 8-9 February 25th"
03/05/2012 page 108
40.0% "p.51-108 from 8-9 March 1st"
03/05/2012 page 272
100.0% "p.108-272 from 9-10:45 March 3rd"

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-3 of 3) </span> <span class="smallText">(3 new)</span>

706sarah This book is so sad, but if i were Aubrey i would tell bridget everything cause i can't keep all that sad emotion inside.. especially when Aubrey always plays with Briget's younger sister ;(

706sarah Omg i cant belive they found the mom, and she's okay. I thought something would've happened to her.. it was a really great moment though!

706sarah I am really happy with Aubrey's decision .. even though it may be hard at first she can't leave all her great new friends she made, and i think she will understand.