Kristen's Reviews > Back to You

THEME: Romance/Drama
RECEIVED: For Review for CBLS
BLOG: http://seeingnight.blogspot.com/

REVIEW:
Back to You is a book about past loves that are reunited many years later. I liked the concept of past loves meeting up again and trying to see if they have that spark again. But I felt that the story fell short and I couldn’t get into the book or it’s characters.

Lynsey is a successful writer but can’t seem to find that lasting relationship, especially like the one man she fell for when she was sixteen. But after a failed relationship she decides to move back to her hometown, where she faces her past love and the realization that they still belong together.
Lynsey had a lot of potential as a character but I just couldn’t connect to her with the details in the book. I wanted to know more about her writing and why she was determined to get married so quickly. I enjoyed her interaction with her best friend Suzy, I wished I got more detail with their friendship instead of just having Suzy push her brother at Lysney.

Nick, I liked his character the most. I feel it was because there was more detail about his life as a cop, his marriage that fell apart and is love for Lysney that never faded. I really pulled for this guy to open up to Lysney and accept that he needed her and still cares for her.

Overall this is a short novel, I felt it was rushed and I wanted more from both the plot and characters. There were characters, which I wanted to get to know more about and it would of added more depth to the storyline.. I did enjoy the relationship between Nick and Lysney, it was a sweet romance and held a lot of emotions for both of them. In the end this is just my opinion of this novel and all reviewers have different thoughts on novels.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Back to You.