Amy's Reviews > Ruby Red

Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier

Feb 26, 2012

liked it
Read in February, 2012

** spoiler alert ** Honestly? I didn't believed it to be a good book. But it was totally new book in the library and the cover looked so amazing, that I decided to give it a try.

In this era of paranormal romances for YA it's nearly impossible to find anything good. In every book you can see at least one bad thing. There is always something that don't stick, a character, a point in the plot, the surroundings, the whole idea... This time it was a romance. The main character seemed to be nice, normal girl and with her optimistic and lively way of acting it was easy to like her. Also, the way she treats her abilities makes her great character. And yet as every girl in YA book she falls for 'dark, brooding guy'. It might be the problem with translation, but for me there wasn't a single line that would made me think that they could fall in love in real life. They hate each other and then out of blue they are kissing.
But everything else was really great - the action, the idea, the main character relatives and friends and the places. Also, a great villain!
If not this stupid romance motive it would be much better.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ruby Red.